I just want to join in the happiness
The First Amendment does not protect you from:
- Criticism: If you’re a comedian who makes a bad rape joke, people are allowed to point out that you’re not funny as well as an asshole.
- Shame: If you tweet something racist about President Obama on your public Twitter account that’s connected to your first and last name, people are allowed to say that is bad.
- The Right to Anonymity: If you take creepy photos of women without their consent and post them on Reddit, people are allowed to try and figure out who you are and post your information on the internet. No one is entitled to anonymity. It’s up to you whether to make it easy for people to find you.
- Mockery: If you put yourself out there that means your peers (and news outlets) have the right to LOL and comment.
- Consequences: If you publicly express yourself in a manner that is offensive, hurtful, or just plain dumb, strangers might contact your friends/family/school/employer and tell them what you did. That is not infringing on your right to free speech; it’s pointing out how you choose to exercise that right. Like the rest of the federal constitution, the First Amendment protects us from the government, not from private companies, which may be able to fire or otherwise punish you for stuff you say, even if it’s outside of work. The laws protecting the free speech of private employees vary from state to state, aside from specifically protected speech like labor organizing. Here are some guidelines for public employees and students.
all you ever do is hurt me
Whose music has helped you over a breakup?
Definitely the ‘N Sync Christmas album [Home for Christmas]. I’m sure that’s helped everyone over a breakup at some point.
What song would you like played at your funeral?
I have no idea. Maybe “It’s a Small World” from the ride at Disneyland. It’s such a true statement.
Yes or No?
A lot of people on Tumblr like to criticize people who don’t like to read or to assume superiority over those that don’t enjoy reading. First off let me say “Fuck you.” And second off here is why - your hobbies are not more or less superior than another person’s hobbies. If you like to read and write, and you identify those as your hobbies, you are not better than a person who prefers to hang out with her friends and go to bars. Just like that person isn’t any better because she like going to bars and hanging out with her friends. Two people aren’t superior over one another because of what they enjoy or not enjoy.
I use to like reading a lot more before I was in college. But at school I was already reading so much material that sitting down and reading a book for my own personal pleasure wasn’t that enjoyable. But that didn’t mean I was stupid or illiterate, it just meant that I would’ve rather done something else instead of read.
You don’t know why certain people do not enjoy reading, so just stop. Just because some people don’t enjoy reading doesn’t mean you’re better than them because you do. You just happen to enjoy reading and they happen to not.
Stop being special snowflakes.